For the good of the world
You’ve got the power – now use it.
We’re holding advertising responsible. No more ethical oblivion. Join the movement and make a difference.
We are two men with years of experience in the ad business, now committed to using our powers to save the planet, and aiming to persuade you to do so too.
You’re experts in changing people’s behaviour. Never has it needed changing so urgently. Come on. Do something now.
In chronological order, as we post them…
- Am I the problem?Our dear friend and a long-serving creative director and awards judge Ian Bates has for a long time been troubled by the same challenges this …
- Coca Cola most common littered brand on UK beachesAlmost two-thirds (65%) of all branded packaging pollution across the UK coastline can be traced back to just 12 companies, according to the findings by …
- Major climate changes inevitable and irreversible – IPCC’s starkest warning yetReport warns temperatures likely to rise by more than 1.5C bringing widespread extreme weather. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/aug/09/humans-have-caused-unprecedented-and-irreversible-change-to-climate-scientists-warn
- Human-made materials now outweigh Earth’s entire biomassProduction of concrete, metal, plastic, bricks and asphalt greater than mass of living matter on planet, paper says. The amount of plastic alone is greater …
- Environmental impact of bottled water ‘up to 3,500 times greater than tap water’Researchers also find impact of bottled water on ecosystems is 1,400 times higher than that of tap water https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/aug/05/environmental-impact-of-bottled-water-up-to-3500-times-greater-than-tap-water?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
- How much social value advertising destroys?For a salary of between £50,000 and £12 million, top advertising executives destroy £11 of value for every pound in value they generate. https://neweconomics.org/2009/12/a-bit-rich
- Top anti-Black Friday campaigns: Patagonia, Allbirds & more reject consumerismThis year, a cohort of brands are eschewing Black Friday and rejecting the hyper-consumerism of the annual bargain bonanza to instead highlight the climate crisis …
- Capitalism and entrepreneurship not based on growthCreate bigger forests, not bigger trees… A very good and easy-to-understand summary of what post-growth capitalism means and how to achieve it, by Melanie Rieback. …
- Why people don’t trust the ad industry and whether ad people care…So much delusion in the industry… https://www.lbbonline.com/news/why-dont-people-trust-ad-folk-and-should-we-even-care
I’m glad that there are now initiatives within the ad industry itself making us really think about the consequences of our work, which are not always positive.’
Nikola Vrdoljak, Agency 404, ex-CEO Weekend Media Festival
After all, what is Purpose for no purpose? The planet is your new client. The survival of the human race, the campaign objective. Do you accept the brief?’
Ayo Hughes, Content Producer